Welcome

1887 Plat
Lawrence Investment Co plat certified by Douglas County KS on June 8, 1887.

Located at the southeast corner of the University of Kansas main campus, on the path of the Oregon Trail, University Place is a residential neighborhood platted as an addition to Lawrence in 1887 and developed primarily in the “Quiet University Town” period, 1900–1945.

Our neighborhood association was formed in 1987 to benefit all residents and property owners.


Updated 8 March 2018